The idea of being “grounded” may give you uncomfortable memories of being a child and having a privilege taken away. It’s not something you wanted, and you might even have resented it. However, the grounding you’ll learn about today has nothing to do with being sent to your room and everything to do with returning to yourself and your physical body in the present moment.
Grounding, or earthing, is a strategy that helps you reconnect to the earth and bring calm and balance to your body. While this might sound like pseudoscience, research has yielded many benefits of the practice. In the following short video, you’ll learn about the science of grounding as well as the many health benefits of taking the time to do this every day.
You can even customize your grounding practice to your Zodiac sign. Whether you’re an Earth sign, Air sign, Fire sign, or Water sign, there’s a grounding practice that just might be perfect for you. Let’s take a look at some ideas of how to ground based on your astrological sign.
Earth Signs (Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo)
- Place your bare feet on the dirt.
- Get your hands dirty gardening.
- Bring houseplants and greenery into your home or office.
- Use a zen sand garden at your office desk.
Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
- Go outside to feel the breeze.
- Open your windows to allow the air to move in your home or office.
- Roll the windows down while driving.
- Set up windchimes nearby to listen to the movement of air.
Fire Signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)
- Enjoy a campfire (safely and responsibly).
- Light candles or incense in your home.
- Cleanse your home with palo santo.
- Sit outside and enjoy the feeling of the warm sun on your face.
Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces)
- If possible, go outside and be near a body of water.
- Dance or walk in the rain.
- Take a long shower or simply wash your face or hands.
- Put your hands under flowing water.
Getting grounded might have once been something you dreaded. It meant a loss of privilege, a sign you were in big trouble. These days, being grounded is simply a return to yourself–a way of helping the body and mind reset and align.
Copyright 2023 Astrovibe.com